Recent Calls
Mon. Mar 14th 2016
House Fire - Alexander St - Assisting Southwest Greensburg VFD

On Tuesday February 23rd at 12:45am the Carbon VFD was dispatched to assist the Southwest Greensburg VFD on a house fire at 4...

Read more »
Sat. Feb 20th 2016
Brush Fire -Route 136 - Assisting Fort Allen VFC

On Saturday February 20th just before 4pm the Carbon Fire Dept was dispatched to assist Fort Allen VFC for a reported brush f...

Read more »
Sat. Apr 25th 2015
Vehicle Accident - Woodward Drive

The Carbon Fire Department responded to a vehicle accident on Woodward Dr near the Hempfield Twp building at approximately 6:...

Read more »
News Headlines
Fri. Mar 11th 2016
Y108 Visits Fish Fry for lunch

Ally and Andy from Y108 morning show visited the Fish fry on Friday March 11th and broadcasted live from 12pm to 1pm. We woul...

Read more »
Thu. May 29th 2014
Fire Safety with Paula Teachers and Associates

On Thursday May 29th, 2014 at 10:30am members of the Carbon VFD went to teach fire safety to Adults with mental diabilities. ...

Read more »
Wed. Jul 10th 2013
Tour of U.S. Foods Facility

     A few members of the Carbon Fire Department had the opportunity to gather recently for a walk-throug...

Read more »
Consumer Product Safety Commission Recalls
The recalled decking can deteriorate and crack, causing the deck surfacing to break. Consumers can fall through broken decking and suffer serious injuries.
The carabiner can break while in use, posing a risk of injury or death to the user.
The recalled chests and dressers are unstable if they are not properly anchored to the wall, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in injuries or death to children.
The children’s pajama sets fail to meet flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The foot warmer under the mattress cover can short circuit and overheat, posing a burn hazard.
The winch solenoid located under the operator seat can overheat, posing a fire hazard. 
The crossbows can fire or discharge unexpectedly, posing an injury hazard to the user and to bystanders.
The mower blade can separate from the spindle, posing a laceration hazard to the operator or bystanders.
The recalled fireworks are overloaded with pyrotechnics intended to produce an audible effect, violating the federal regulatory standards for this product. Overloaded fireworks can result in a greater than expected explosion, posing burn and explosion hazards to consumers.
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of the products smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of the products smoking, catching fire and/or exploding
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of the products smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of the hoverboards smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of the products smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of the products smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
The snaps can detach, posing a choking hazard.
The cranks can bend or break during use, posing a fall hazard.
A drawstring in the poncho’s hood poses a strangulation hazard to children. Drawstrings can become entangled or caught on playground slides, hand rails, school bus doors or other moving objects, posing a significant strangulation and/or entanglement hazard to children.
The fire extinguishers can become clogged or require excessive force to discharge and can fail to activate during a fire emergency. In addition, the nozzle can detach with enough force to pose an impact hazard.
The children’s nightgowns and pajama sets fail to meet flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The children’s nightgowns and two-piece pajama sets fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The children’s pajamas fail to meet the flammability standard for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The steering wheel shaft can shift and detach while in use, resulting in a loss of control and crash hazard.
Heat from the exhaust can melt the plastic panels behind the operator and passenger seat, posing a fire hazard.
Babies can strangle on the side rope crossbars on the baby gyms.
The scuba diving regulators can malfunction, posing a drowning hazard.
The motor housing can overheat, posing a fire hazard. 
The dishwasher power cord can overheat and catch fire. 
The metal post and/or handle of the wind-up mechanism can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
The wood chipper’s knives (blades) can break and discharge, hitting the operators or bystanders, posing a risk of injury.
The rocker’s base can separate from the seat, posing a fall hazard.
The zippers on the pouf ottomans can be opened by children who can then suffocate or choke on the pouf’s polystyrene beads.
The exhaust header pipe can crack and release hot exhaust gases into the engine compartment, posing fire and burn hazards.  
The handles on the knife and server can break during use, posing a laceration hazard.
The seat base can separate from the chair back causing the chair to collapse, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
The outlet converters front outlet prongs are not configured correctly, resulting in reverse polarity when plugs inserted, posing shock and fire hazards.
The wiggle ball’s rubber knobs and plastic back can detach, posing a choking hazard to infants.
The exterior plastic case of the Wireless Tank Transmitter and Wireless Tank POD can burst during pre-dive pressure testing, posing an injury hazard.
A rivet in the brake assembly can loosen or disengage, resulting in brake failure, posing crash and injury hazards to the rider.
Picture Gallery
Website Search
Apparatus Gallery
2017 Call Volume
 Fire Calls
Jan64
Feb48
Mar66
Apr32
May42
Jun55
Jul40
Aug57
Sep68
Oct 
Nov 
Dec 
Total472

Call Volume History

Contact Information
Carbon Volunteer Fire Department
421 Juniper Street
Greensburg, PA 15601
Non-Emergency: 724-836-2145
Emergency: 911